cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOHansO
Level 3

Using properties to execute executable in Suite projects

Hello everyone.
I have a couple of questions regarding Suites and InstallShield 2012.

I have a suite project in InstallShield 2012, where I wish to execute different executables with a base installation folder.

1)
I have created a property called SoBaseDir and this is set to [ProgramFilesFolder]\Company in the property manager.

When I add this [SoBaseDir] in the command line arguments (packages->my package->EXE command line), the [ProgramFilesFolder] property is not evaluated. Why?

The log from the suite project states:
10-12-2012[09:21:22]: EXE parcel command line: /v"SoBaseDir=[SoBaseDir]"
10-12-2012[09:21:22]: EXE parcel resolved command line: /v"SoBaseDir=[ProgramFilesFolder]\SuperOffice"

Any clues why this is not being evaluated?

2)
When configured with signing in the suite project, the password is not encrypted in the issuite file. Is this a bug?

3)
In the feature selection element, is it possible to change the selected feature effect? It has default rounded corners and a blueish gradient.

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

1)
If you want the property value of SoBaseDir to reference another property, you need to make the SoBaseDir property a formatted property. To do so for InstallShield 2012, close the .issuite project, open it in a text editor, find the element for the SoBaseDir property, and add FormatPropertyValue="yes" to its element. It'll look something like this:

Adding this support is easier to do in InstallShield 2012 Spring, where the Property Manager view has a new Formatted check box. Selecting the check box has the same effect as manually setting FormatPropertyValue equal to yes in the .issuite file.

2)
Sorry about that! This is logged as issue IOA-000074697.

3)
Are you talking about the built-in InstallationType wizard page? Where the default options are Complete and Custom? These are command-line buttons. You can change the color by using the Selection Border color setting for these controls in the Wizard Interface view. I'm not sure what other changes are possible. You may want to take a look at the options under the control's Style setting; some additional customization is available there.

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
SOHansO
Level 3

Thanks for answering my questions, DebbieL.

I will try 1).

Regarding 3) It is about the predefined wizard page called InstallFeatures in the suite project.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

3)
You can use the control's Focus Color and Non-Focus Color settings to modify the colors that are used. You can also do things like set the WS_DLGFRAME setting under the Style setting to True; this adds a box around the options. You can change the width or height of the control if you want to modify its size. I don't see a way to change the rounded corners.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

If you have a solid-color background, you may want to match the color of the control to the background. That would "hide" the highlight. End users could still select or clear the check boxes as needed to configure the custom setup.
0 Kudos