cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danquo
Level 3

Linux installer failure

When launching my installer (which works fine on Windows) on Linux, I get the following exception (before the splash screen even appears) -- ran this with "java -Dis.debug=1 -cp setup.jar run":

*** START BOOTINF (archive:setup.jar+/run.inf) ***
START_CLASS: com.installshield.wizard.Wizard
INST_RES: install
ENG_LOC:
ENG_VER: 1.0
LIB_JAR_COUNT: 1
LIB_JAR.0: hsqldb.jar
EXT_JAR_COUNT: 3
EXT_JAR.0: aixppk.jar
EXT_JAR.1: linuxppk.jar
EXT_JAR.2: windowsppk.jar
CP_COUNT: 0
DATA_COUNT: 1
DATA.0: TestOffering;1.0.0
ROOT_UUID: TestOffering
ROOT_VER: 1.0.0
ROOT_DATA_LOC:
SPAN: false
PHASE_PROMPT: false

*** END BOOTINF ***
EXTERNAL CLASS JAR LIST: /tmp/ismp001/9242001/engine/1.0/engine.jar,
/tmp/ismp001/9242001/engine/1.0/library/hsqldb.jar,
/tmp/ismp001/9242001/engine/1.0/ext/aixppk.jar,
/tmp/ismp001/9242001/engine/1.0/ext/linuxppk.jar,
/tmp/ismp001/9242001/engine/1.0/ext/windowsppk.jar,
/tmp/ismp001/5343137/data/TestOffering/1.0.0/assembly.dat
ServiceException: (error code = 305; message = "ISDatabase is unavailable: 0555c2abe958cbb14987d9cd8c01b7a5/isdb"; severity = 0)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractWizardServices.getISDatabase(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.util.LocalizedStringResolver.initialize(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractWizardServices.addStringResolverMethod(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalWizardServices.addStringResolverMethod(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractWizardServices.createStringResolverMethods(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractWizardServices.(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalWizardServices.(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.WizardServicesFactory.createLocalWizardServices(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard.getServices(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard.setWizardValue(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard.initializeWizardPropertyValues(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard.startup(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.boot.BootMain.boot(Unknown Source)
at run.main(Unknown Source)
ServiceException: (error code = 305; message = "ISDatabase is unavailable: 0555c2abe958cbb14987d9cd8c01b7a5/isdb"; severity = 0)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractWizardServices.getISDatabase(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.Wizard$RunThread.run(Unknown Source)
ISDatabase is unavailable: 0555c2abe958cbb14987d9cd8c01b7a5/isdbWizard.getExitCode(): called after WizardServices is shutdown.

Any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
danquo
Level 3

Might have narrowed it down a little, but still a serious problem.

My installer has a custom frame, dialogs and method code created with the Dialog editor. Some of this code does access the ISDatabase to get/set variable values.

I created another test installer without these dialogs, and it was able to run on Linux. I then imported the frame and dialogs into this project, and when I tried to build and run on Linux, I got the same failure. These were just imported into the Dialogs tab, not even added in any of the Sequences.

However, removing the frame and dialogs from either project (the original and the test one) did not seem to solve the issue. Even with them gone, the problem remains.

And through all of this, the installs work on Windows just fine.

So I'm stumped, and really need some help here...

D.
0 Kudos