cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IvanPetroff
Level 2

InstallShield 2009 IDE requires administrative rights for execution

I installed InstallShield 2009 IDE into my Windows 7 system. When I click the InstallShield 2009 shortcut in the main menu the UAC window is displayed immediately and asks me a password of user with administrative privileges. I work under restricted user account. My user account is not an administrative one. Anybody know how to run IDE without administrative privileges?

I tried to search my problem on this forum but I didn't find anything similar.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

We don't currently support launching the IDE without administrative privileges. It might be possible to run it that way by hacking the manifest, but I wouldn't suggest this. Perhaps see if you can run InstallShield in a virtual machine where you can have administrative privileges.
0 Kudos
IvanPetroff
Level 2

MichaelU wrote:
We don't currently support launching the IDE without administrative privileges. It might be possible to run it that way by hacking the manifest, but I wouldn't suggest this. Perhaps see if you can run InstallShield in a virtual machine where you can have administrative privileges.

Requirement for administrative privileges is very bad. Are there any plans for removing it?
0 Kudos