cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ISNoob
Level 6

Error: -5081: Could not write to setup.ini

Any one had this error message??? I am using a basic MSI... :mad:

I have changed my release location suggested in the support site. What else can I do? What is this error message?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
ISNoob
Level 6

http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?p=430944 - I reported the message here as well, this time, I can not restart the project. Its too time consuming.
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

The error is exactly what it says - a problem writing to the setup.ini file, and it looks like it can only come from a failure writing to the file. Unfortunately this occurs in a helper method that could be called from one of many different places. I assume it's an early call, though, as it's unlikely to suddenly start failing partway through the build. Here's some steps you can try to debug it yourself:

• Build using iscmdbld /v in order to receive verbose build messages. This may help track down exactly when it is occurring.
  • Use a tool like ProcessMonitor to see what error is being returned for what file location (probably ending in setup.ini), and whether previous accesses succeeded.
  • If you can reproduce this error building in a stripped down environment containing none of your source files, I can try to reproduce this with your ISM (if you can email it to me).
0 Kudos