cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdoliver
Level 2

Basic MSI project with Mobile Device Installation simply DOES NOT WORK

Hello,

I am "attempting" to write a Basic MSI project with a Mobile Device installation in InstallShield 2008 Professional. I have tried everything I can think of, but no matter what, I always get the following error:

Building CAB files for Application "GATES AIT for Intermec CK61"...
Adding CAB files for Application "GATES AIT for Intermec CK61" to Binary table...
ISDEV : error -6516: Error in populating the Binary table records for Windows Mobile Setup: GATES AIT for Intermec CK61

The CAB file for the mobile device does not get generated.

I have read every article/post I could find on error code -6516 and have attempted implementing the proposed solutions ( where they existed ) to no avail.

I have searched for patches/hotfixes/service packs to InstallShield 2008 Professional, so far as I can tell, there are none.

I have paired the installation down to one file and one registry setting targeting only Windows Mobile 5.0 and still...errors out.

It seems to me that this functionality simply DOES NOT WORK.

Does ANYONE have an explanation for this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
jdoliver
Level 2

This is a fresh installation of InstallShield 2008 Professional on Windows XP SP2.

The error occurs both:

* When I attempt to open/convert/and build a Basic MSI project w/ a Mobile Device installation authored in IS 12.5

* When I create a Basic MSI project w/ Mobile Device installation from scratch.
0 Kudos
Jerry_G
Level 3

Have you targeted any of the files for a specific platform? That's a very problematic area for both 2008 and 2009.
0 Kudos