cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anorton
Level 2

Merge Modules and Get User Input panels

I have three installer that I am attempting to combine into a fourth using Merge Modules. The problem is that I have many "Get User Input" panels where the user is asked a simple Yes/No question, with radio buttons used as inputs. I have set various IA variables as flags to determine which is the default answer using the "Set Variable" choice in the panels' field configuration. This works fine when the installers are run as standalone "CD ROM Installers".

however, when I build them as Merge Modules and import them into my fourth InstallAnywhere project, none of the panels have any default choices set.

Has any one seen this, and what did you do to fix it?

Thanks,
Angela
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
vijayanimmala
Level 2

I am also facing the same problem.could anybody give the solution for it?
0 Kudos
lalith
Level 2

I have seen the same problem.fixed this issue by using the "Get User Input-Advanced " panel instead of "Get user Input" panel for setting default values.But this option is there for GUI panels only.
i am facing the same problem for console mode installation. could anybody know the solution for this?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

For console there is a single Console - Get User Input which is more like the Panel Get User Input Advanced.
0 Kudos
anorton
Level 2

I am re-implementing all panels that I was using default InstallAnywhere "Get User Input" panels for in custom code. This has meant a lot of work and I've only completed one installer out of three.

Does anyone know if this is a known issue with IA2008?
0 Kudos