cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lonewolf32
Level 5

Questions about multiple release configurations

I am attempting to author an InstallScript installer that has 2 Release configurations. Configuration A contains Feature A, and Configuration B contains Features A and B. Basically, the B configuration includes a Security component that costs extra.

- Is it possible at runtime, to determine which release configuration is being run?

- Is it possible to assign different splash screens and displayed product names, etc. based on the Release configuration, (at design time would be fine for this one)?

Or am I better off authoring a 2nd installer?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
GarrettDyer
Level 5

lonewolf32 wrote:
I am attempting to author an InstallScript installer that has 2 Release configurations. Configuration A contains Feature A, and Configuration B contains Features A and B. Basically, the B configuration includes a Security component that costs extra.

- Is it possible at runtime, to determine which release configuration is being run?

- Is it possible to assign different splash screens and displayed product names, etc. based on the Release configuration, (at design time would be fine for this one)?

Or am I better off authoring a 2nd installer?

I've developed a project with two releases, similar to the two you've described. I distinguish them at runtime by a Property...when it's set to 0 it's Release A, when it's 1 it's Release B.

When I build each Release, I update the Property through automation (example: http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?p=462204#post462204). Then, throughout my project, I run particular tasks based on the Property's value.
0 Kudos