cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DPulaski
Level 3

Q: How set exec attribute for Mac OSX/UNIX?

I did a forum search on this and found an older posting about this problem, but no mention of a solution that I could see. I'll repost the issue as I see it:

I have an application build for Mac OSX that I am attempting to package with ISMP 11.5 running on Windows XP. My problem is with execute attributes, which windows knows nothing about.

1) The resulting single file installer is not executeable on Mac - user has to manually set the execute attribute in order to run the installation. This doesn't seem right.

2) The main application executable contained in the installation is also not executable after installation - lacks the execute attribute.

So, how do you package a Mac (I would assume this issue would also apply to Linux/Unix) app using ISMP for Windows while retaining execute attributes?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
aruizf
Level 3

>> 1) The resulting single file installer is not executeable on Mac - user has to
>> manually set the execute attribute in order to run the installation. This
>> doesn't seem right.

What I do is build the product from Windows on a shared location in my (linux) test machine. I get 777 permissions by default in the launcher.

You could always set this by hand before distributing to the end user.

>>2) The main application executable contained in the installation is also not
>>executable after installation - lacks the execute attribute.

In the "Organization\Installation Design" view you can select the file under \\Files. If you click on "Edit", and then Attributes, you can select the permissions of the installed files.

Maybe some of this changes for Macs, but the UNIX part of it works fine.
0 Kudos