cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevmeister
Level 3

New IIS Site in Installer matches existing site on server by port number?

I have built an installer that installs a new Site into IIS. Let's call this site XYZ to protect the innocent. I have left the port number for this Site as port 80 in the installer.

Now IIS will permit two sites to be created with the same port number so long as you do not attempt to start both of the sites together.

However, when I run my installer, I find that my XYZ Site has been "merged" with the "Default Web Site" in IIS.

If I change the port number of the "Default Web Site" on the server to port 8prior to installation (ie. something different to the port number of the Site I am installing) then my Site is created correctly during installation.

I don't want my installation to behave in this obtuse manner (well, obtuse to me, anyway) - is there any wayI can change this behavour?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Kevmeister
Level 3

Bump. Anyone?
0 Kudos
Bineesh
Level 6

See the diffrent combination of Port number and Site number here for IIS configuration here
0 Kudos
deramor
Level 6

That link comes up a lot for this topic however suppose we are setting everything correctly and getting the following results:
Web site installed to port 80, files in their own directory (not merged with any existing directory), and yet the web site is turned off since something else is using port 80.

In my case, the default web site is using port 80. I do not care about this site and would like my new site to take precedence over this or any other site installed to this port. I have a very specific and controlled environment so this would be considered acceptable behavior for me even if it is not a "Best Practice"
0 Kudos