cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heiner_violet
Level 7

DAO 3.5 Objects produce errors on Vista

Hi,

Where can I get the Installscript objects for DAO 3.5, DAO 3.6 and Visual Basic 6 Runtime files for Installshield 2008, that don't produce errors under Vista.

I'm using Installshield 2008, Installscript project.
I have recently converted an Installscript project from IS 11.5 to IS 2008.
The project uses the following Installscript objects: DAO 3.5, DAO 3.6, Visual Basic 6 Runtime files.
Now, if I install the converted setup under Vista, during the registration of these objects, there are produced errors. "Cannot register OleAut32.dll" and so on. The reason is, that the dlls in question are already on the system. The setup is completed successfully, but the error messages are annoying.
Note: I have installed InstalscriptObjects.exe and InstalscriptLegacyObjects.exe on my system. Is there an update to these files?

Thanks in advance. H.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
sspencer
Level 4

I had the same issue with my projects using InstallShield v12. The solution for me was to remove the InstallShield objects and add in the Merge Modules for the same objects.
0 Kudos
heiner_violet
Level 7

Thank you, sspencer, for your reply,
I have already tried to replace the objects by the corresponding merge modules. Unfortunately, this did not work - the installed program produced errors.
0 Kudos
megha_3781
Level 5

Hi,

Even I faced this problem when I was using IS 2008 pro.
Windows Vista already has Visual Basic 6 runtime, DA03.5 and DAO 3.6 already shipped. So you don't have to install this on an Vista machine.
Write a conditon to skip installation of these objects if the OS is Vista.
0 Kudos