cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phibred
Level 2

Building RPM's while on Windows?

I was wondering if it even possible to build an RPM while running on a Windows machine. Right now I am experimenting with a couple of Installer programs and we need RPM deployment for Linux. Since our source code runs perfectly on Windows and Linux we would prefer to only have 1 installation build for each using the same files. It looked like ISMP could do this but when I tried it seamed to be looking for the rpmbuild tool.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
singletd
Level 4

Hi

If your source works okay on Linux, I suggest you move your installation development to Linux then you won't have an issue with creating rpms.

As far as rpmbuild on Windows, I haven't seen rpmbuild ported or anyone trying to but you never know, I think my first suggestion will solve your problem.

DS
0 Kudos
Phibred
Level 2

Right now I am getting horrible errors trying to install ISMP on Linux RedHat Enterprise 4 AS. And beyond that, why would there be a windows version of a product that builds RPMs if it couldn't build an RPM :confused:. Right now I am developing a link between ISMP and Cygwin using C# to hopfully fill in the gaps. I'll post back when I get it working (or if it doesn't).
0 Kudos