cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CorbyN
Level 3

After installing my application, it runs at startup

I have checked everywhere I know to check, which is only to check Run and RunOnce registry settings in HKLM and HKCU, and my app isn't registered there.

I am using Windows 7, and I definately did not do anything to ask the app to run at startup, is there some flag that Installshield sets to force an app to run at startup.

Thanks,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
CorbyN
Level 3

I found a fix for the problem, but maybe someone can tell me why this fixed it?

I hope this is only my machine, I am about to test on my work machine.

The fix is Type: MsConfig in the 'Search Programs and Files' text box located after clicking 'Start' button (Windows 7).

When MsConfiguration Editor comes up, I unchecked Installshield Licensing from Services and Installshield from Startup and it fixed the problem, but why did I have to do this?

0 Kudos
joshstechnij
Level 10 Flexeran
Level 10 Flexeran

Was this installation run on the same machine that has InstallShield installed? The Flexnet Licensing Service is a component used by InstallShield to manage the licensing and activation details for itself. The other startup item ("InstallShield") doesn't have enough detail to know what it is. This could be the Flexnet Connect agent, this is used to periodically check for updates.

Neither of these items would be included with your product (except for the Flexnet Connect agent if you explicitly included support for it in a project in InstallShield).
0 Kudos
CorbyN
Level 3

Well you say it doesn't install with my product, but I have those boxes checked, I am not sure if it is one or both, my program launches on Reboot.

I do not have code that does this so it has to be your product.

As long as no one else complains I am not worried, but it scared me when i saw it as this is not good, phantom apps running.
0 Kudos