FNMS - Software License(s) Duplication Wizard
- Owner: Nicolas Rousseau
- Solution Type: Functional Extension
- Flexera Product & Version: FNMS 2017R2-FNMS2019R2
- Resourcing Days: 1 (implementation: 5 minutes)
SOLUTIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. NEITHER FLEXERA NOR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. LICENSEE MAY HAVE OTHER STATUTORY RIGHTS. HOWEVER, TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DURATION OF STATUTORILY REQUIRED WARRANTIES, IF ANY, WILL BE LIMITED TO THE SHORTER OF (I) THE STATUTORILY REQUIRED PERIOD OR (II) THIRTY (30) DAYS FROM LICENSEE’S ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT.
The attached custom SQL report creation script allows to create a report that behaves like a wizard to duplicate Software Licenses.
This is particularly useful when you need to create multiple restricted licenses for the same products. Going through the license creation wizard can be lengthy... Here,
- Select the licenses to duplicate by setting the "Duplicate" value in the Financial/Recipient field (that is classically not used by SAM Managers). You can eventually select all consistent licenses (same license type) from the All Licenses list and do a mass update.
- Launch the report and set as input the number of copies you want (first screen shot)
- The report will run, create the other licenses (with an index for the number of copies) and will provide the summary of the license creation operation (second screen shot)
Note that if the operation fails (if a field has been removed from the license creation) an error will be displayed in the Web UI but no license will be created (the transaction will not be committed).