cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SuSE SLES-15-SP2 and SP3

I see CVRF's from SuSE for SLES-15-SP2 and SP3. But the advisories that relate to these CVRF's only show SLES-15-SP1.. In fact there are some CVRF's that only list SP2 or SP3 from SuSE yet the advisories linking to them only show SP1.

I'll assume that we can get the recognition of SP2 and SP3 fixed (It looks like SuSE have changed the way they report - In SP1 the OS was listed as 'SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15-SP1-LTSS' but now in SP2 and SP3 they list by Channel/Repo (i.e. 'SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Basesystem 15-SP2' and 'SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Development Tools 15-SP2')

The Question is... When the process is fixed to recognise 15-SP2 and 15-SP3 is there any way to prompt a re-issue of all the advisories that should mention SP2 and SP3 yet do not?

(2) Replies
raslam
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hamish, 

If the product name has been changed from SP2 and SP3 to 'SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Basesystem 15-SP2' and 'SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Development Tools 15-SP2'), then you need to suggest the new software along with vendor URL etc. via your software suggestion page. Please add more detail while suggesting how the product has been changed. We have noticed the 15-SP3 product is not available in our DB at all. 

We don't have a policy of changing all the old advisory retroactivity for a specific product. If the product naming has been changed recently, then we will cover the new advisories accordingly. 

Regards,

Raheel 

I believe that we were informed OS releases would be automatically added to the Flexera database. Is this incorrect? Do we have to request a new release of an OS to be added manually whenever SuSE, or RHEL increment the version?

I have seen that SuSE are releasing CVRF's referencing SLES-15-SP3, so I think it probably should be in Flexeras database.

regards