cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL DB Credential validation/addition on RN150

Hi Community,

Need your help in understanding the MSSQL DB Credential validation on RN150. I have a situation wherein I have multiple DB Servers and each server having multiple DB Instances. Now, for adding DB credential for MSSQL, I only have the option to add Server IP, Username, Password and Port and it works for port 1433. I guess that's for the default instance but what about the rest of the instances on the same server? I can't make multiple entries as in the case of Oracle where I have the option to add SID. Will the Cloudscape discover the remaining instances on the same server? what if the remaining  instances are using a different port maybe a dynamic one?

(1) Solution
bmadden
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

You must create a credential entry for each of the named instances and specify both the IP address and port for the given instance.  Named Instances within SQL will either be configured on different ports or differing IPs (or both).  Specifying IP and Port will differentiate the different instances on a single server installation.

In the case of dynamic ports it is recommended to instead use static ports with Cloudscape.  While you can use/specify the dynamic port you run the risk of the port changing and therefore breaking communication for Cloudscape collection from the sql instance(s).

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
bmadden
By Level 5 Flexeran
Level 5 Flexeran

You must create a credential entry for each of the named instances and specify both the IP address and port for the given instance.  Named Instances within SQL will either be configured on different ports or differing IPs (or both).  Specifying IP and Port will differentiate the different instances on a single server installation.

In the case of dynamic ports it is recommended to instead use static ports with Cloudscape.  While you can use/specify the dynamic port you run the risk of the port changing and therefore breaking communication for Cloudscape collection from the sql instance(s).

Thanks a ton, this has worked for me ðŸ˜Š