cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic report send to email

Hello everybody. I am the administrator of a Flexera FlexeraOne installation. I would need to automatically generate a report and automatically send it to an email. It's possible to do it ?

Thanks in advance

Claudio

(1) Solution

Unfortunately there is no built-in capability to email data from the grids in the area of the UI that you are looking at there.

Here are some links to various ideas related to sending emails from different parts of Flexera One ITAM/FlexNet Manager Suite which you may want to review and add your vote to if they would be useful to you:

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Reports from the Software Assets, Hardware Assets and My Analytics Home dashboard areas in Flexera One can be emailed on a schedule.

image.png

See the following feature summary for some information about this: Scheduling reports in Flexera Analytics.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank for the answer.

Reading the documentation I understand that to schedule the reports I must have the role of Analytics Explorer. In the accout section to assign the role I cannot see this role but only:

• Admin + Cognos Reporting
  • Adimistrator
  • Operator
  • view only
  • web service

Do I need a special license to use the necessary role?
if not, could you tell me what to do because it is not very clear?
Thanks
Claudio

Hi @claudiogentili 
Yes, you would first need to create a new role under accounts section.
This role can be named as Explorer or Analytics Explorer or any name you would like; and you would need to add Analytics Explorer feature/ privilege to this role. Click on Save, and then add this role to your account. 

I would recommend once this step is complete, you would need to log off and re-login into the applicaiton.

Now, access the analytics page, and you should be able to save your reports/dashboards to the Shared Content folder as well as schedule reports.

Ok. thank you. I took a step forward:

1-I added the role to my account
2-I figured out how to take the reports already available in analytics and send them to my email.

what I did not understand is if it is possible to automatically launch ie.g the Flexnet report: Report-> Discovery and Inventory-> All Installations and after having generated it in excel send it to an email recipient. All this automatically schedules both the generation of the report and the sending to the email.

Unfortunately there is no built-in capability to email data from the grids in the area of the UI that you are looking at there.

Here are some links to various ideas related to sending emails from different parts of Flexera One ITAM/FlexNet Manager Suite which you may want to review and add your vote to if they would be useful to you: