cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Type changing in different views

Hi everyone. I have tried using the bulk uploader for purchases into Flexera. I have added the SKU but have put a purchase type different to the SKU. The issue I am facing is that in the All Purchases view, you can see the purchase type as subscription but once you try going into the purchase the page first loads with the purchase type as subscription but then changes to software by itself. Has anyone faced this issue or can provide with some guidance?

view.PNG

Purchase.PNG

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The SKU D0ZUTLL is specified in the SKU Library as having a type of "Software". So when you open any purchase record that uses that SKU in the web UI it will want to try to change the purchase type to match the library. No change will actually be made unless you click "Save" when viewing the purchase record, but the field value shown is the value it wants to apply if you do save the record.

If you believe this SKU is actually for a subscription rather than software then it may need to be changed in the SKU Library. You can raise a case with the Flexera Support team to have that checked.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
Community Manager

The SKU D0ZUTLL is specified in the SKU Library as having a type of "Software". So when you open any purchase record that uses that SKU in the web UI it will want to try to change the purchase type to match the library. No change will actually be made unless you click "Save" when viewing the purchase record, but the field value shown is the value it wants to apply if you do save the record.

If you believe this SKU is actually for a subscription rather than software then it may need to be changed in the SKU Library. You can raise a case with the Flexera Support team to have that checked.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
ChrisG
Community Manager

After further review, the behavior described here has been confirmed to be unexpected. It is now noted as a known issue here:

IOK-1266761: Purchase Type field shown when opening purchase record shows type from SKU library, not the actual type stored on the record

Also tagging @KSJohnson as I believe you had raised a question about this behavior too at some point.