Unable to stop FNMEA services in the Windows Services
Unable to stop FNMEA Admin and Reporting services in the Windows Services .
This issue is fixed in FNMEA 2019R2(15.10) .
For the earlier versions of FNMEA below is the workaround to stop FNMEA Admin and reporting services from windows services. Please restart the system after step 11.
1) Run “flexnet site”
2) Continue hitting “Next” until the Secure Server Settings screen
3) Under “Secure Server Settings”, note down the value for “SSL Keystore Location”. This is the location of the Keystore file.
4) Under “Secure Client Settings”, note down the value for the “SSL Truststore Location”. This is the location of the TrustStore file.
5) Hit “Cancel” to quit out of “flexnet site”
6) The “DummyCert” certificate needs to be extracted from the Keystore file. Go to the location where the Keystore file is located. For example:
“cd C:\Program Files\FLEXnet\manager\admin\site\bin\keystore”
7) Extract the certificate as followed (the default password is “flexnet”):
“keytool -export -alias tomcat -file fnmea.cer -keystore keystore
😎 After this command is run, file “fnmea.cer” is the actual “DummyCert” certificate.
9) Copy the “fnmea.cer” into the location where the Truststore is located. eg:
“copy fnmea.cer C:\Program Files\FLEXnet\manager\admin\jvm\lib\security\”
10) Finally, import the “fnmea.cer” into the Truststore as followed (for a typical Java JRE installation, the default password is “changeit”):
“keytool -import -trustcacerts -file fnmea.cer -alias tomcat -keystore cacerts”
11) In addition to adding the certificate, it is necessary to set the JAVA_HOME environment variable:
Go to System Properties > Advanced > Environment Variables...6.Enter a new system variable for JAVA_HOME, and set the value to: C:\Program Files\FLEXnet\Manager\reporting\jvm (or whatever your actual installation locations is)