cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summary

Report logs created by Vendor daemons 11.13 and newer will fail to import in FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications 15.5 patch 7 and older.

Symptoms

When Report Logs are imported into FlexNet Manager using a scheduled rotation or manually imported using the import feature, these will show as "Failed" on the "Report Logs" tab.

In addition to the "Failed" status being displayed on the "Report Logs" tab there will also be the following message listed in the Reporting Module flexnet.log, the text in bold can be used to identify the message indicating the failed import:

"2015-05-13 08:35:52,427 WARN [reporting.rdloader] [Thread-23] The report log line could not be parsed. The report line ID is invalid. "}X6{1$0$T@yR/%F2|#ae#S,hkW<t8i~(} T{4KPd9)fLoH"e^/B$&zP*'r`I,lT\|TCZEZ""

Cause

The failed import is caused by a known issue within FlexNet Manager, the "Resolution" section below describes how to resolve the problem.

Steps To Reproduce

The following steps can be used to reproduce the error and produce a DEBUG log file:

1) Set FlexNet Manager to DEBUG mode by going to "Admin" > "System Configuration" > change 'FLEXnet Application Logging Threshold' to 'Debug Messages'.
2) Import the report log by going to "Reports" > "Report Logs" > browse to reporting log > Select the "Import" button.
3) Go to the .../logs directory under the root installation directory for Flexnet Reporting.
4) Open the most recent flexnet.log in a text editor.
5) Locate the example message below.

Example:
2015-05-13 08:35:52,427 WARN [reporting.rdloader] [Thread-23] The report log line could not be parsed. The report line ID is invalid. "}X6{1$0$T@yR/%F2|#ae#S,hkW<t8i~(} T{4KPd9)fLoH"e^/B$&zP*'r`I,lT\|TCZEZ"

Resolution

This issue has been resolved in FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications 15.5 Patch 8, if a previous version is used please upgrade to version 15.5 Patch 8.

Workaround

There is no current workaround for this issue.

Additional Information

FlexNet Manager for Engineering Applications 15.5 and Patch 8 can be downloaded from the Product and License Center.

Was this article helpful? Yes No
No ratings
Version history
Last update:
‎Jun 08, 2018 02:06 AM
Updated by: