Obtain FlexNet Inventory Scanner for Windows
- Open https://flexeracommunity.force.com/Community/s/fnocsso
- Use the account details emailed to you with your order confirmation from Flexera to log in
- In the “Your Downloads” section of the Home page, click the link for FlexNet Manager Platform.
- In the “Download Packages” page, click the link for “FlexNet Manager Platform” to access the downloads. (You may need to repeat this action on a second page to access the downloadable files.)
- Select the Inventory Scanner archive (Inventory Scanner for FlexNet Manager Suite Year Release.zip) and download to a convenient location.
Operation on Windows
- Create the folder "INVENTORY" in the root of C:\
- Extract folder "Flexera Inventory Scanner for FlexNet Manager Suite 2019 Year Release.zip"
- Open Command Prompt as an Administrator
- Change directory to where you extracted the above folder.
- Run command:
FlexeraInventoryScanner.exe -o Upload="false" -o MachineZeroTouchDirectory="C:\INVENTORY"
- Go to "C:\INVENTORY"
- Upload the ndi file contained in the folder to the case.
Obtain FlexNet Inventory Scanner for UNIX-like platforms
- Log into a registered Inventory Beacon and navigate to the default path:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\Inventory Beacon\RemoteExecution\Public\Inventory
- From this folder, collect a copy of each of the following files:
- InventorySettings.xml - On the inventory beacon, the file is saved: C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\InventorySettings
- This file is mandatory if you wish to collect Oracle inventory. If used, this file must also be installed in the same folder as ndtrack.sh. It may be omitted for an installation of the shell script where this installed instance does not collect Oracle inventory.
Operation on UNIX-Like Platforms
- Copy the files that you copied from the Inventory Beacon onto the device.
- Change the directory to where you stored the files.
- Make sure that the program has permission to execute.
chmod +x ndtrack.sh
- Run the command
sudo ./ndtrack.sh -o upload=false
- Go to directory /var/tmp/flexera/uploads/inventories
- Attach the latest files located in this folder to the case
$(UserName) on $(MachineId) at DateTimeInISO8601 (Full).ndi.gz
$(MachineId) at DateTimeInISO8601 (Oracle).ndi.gz