IMPORTANT UPDATE for FlexNet Manager customers on new IAM
In Q4 2020 we plan to introduce a new a new URL and login/authentication process as part of our new Identity and Access Management (IAM) system. In addition, as part of moving to this new IAM services, we will be updating our User Interface (UI) to a common style with other Flexera SaaS offerings.
We currently expect to open the transition window in October 2020 or later. We will allow a minimum of 4 months from the opening of the transition window for you to complete the transition.
Frequently asked Questions
What are the changes with FlexNet Manager Cloud?
FlexNet Manager Cloud will be transitioning to a new Identity and Access Management (IAM) service which will be shared by all Flexera SaaS-delivered products. In addition, as part of moving to this new IAM services, we will be updating our User Interface (UI) to a common style with other Flexera SaaS offerings. This will entail a new URL and common login/authentication and common navigation. There will be a minimum 4-month transition window for customers to move to the new IAM service and UI. Tentative dates are listed below. You may choose when to transition within that window.
Why is FlexNet Manager Cloud moving to a new Identity and Access Management (IAM) service and User Interface?
- The new IAM service will provide customers a single URL and a unified way to authenticate users across all Flexera’s SaaS solutions. Customers will be able to seamlessly move between various Flexera SaaS solutions without the need to re-authenticate.
- The FlexNet Manager UI changes will provide customers with a common way to access functionality across all Flexera SaaS solutions.
What is the timing for FlexNet Manager Cloud transitioning to the new IAM service and User Interface?
- There will be a several month window of time for the transition to the new IAM, URL, and user interface. You can choose when to transition during those dates. During this period, you can continue to use the existing IAM, URL and UI while testing the new environment in parallel.
- Target Dates
- Window opens – no sooner than October 2020
- Window closes – 4 months after window opens
- Target Dates
What are the steps to make the move?
- Get prepared
- You can prepare for the transition by reviewing these FAQs.
- You will receive an email once the transition window is opening.
- Have questions? Contact your Customer Success Manager or Support through the community.
- Make a request when you are ready to begin testing
- Once you receive the email that the transition window has opened you can request for your tenant to be enabled through your Customer Success Manager or a technical support ticket.
- Once your tenant is enabled, you will receive login instructions.
- You can test the new interface and IAM (by going to app.flexera.com or using your new SSO option) while still using the existing environment as you normally do today.
- Set up single-sign-on
- For those using SSO, connect your Identity Provider to Flexera (see documentation) using the app.flexera.com URL and your Production password.
- You only need to set up your Identity provider once which covers your Production and UAT environments.
- If you have already set up your Identity Provider for Flexera SaaS Manager or App Broker Cloud, there is no need to do so again.
- For those using username and password to log in, there is no additional work needed. Your users and password are automatically synched to the new IAM service.
- Test it out
- Try out the new login and authentication by going to app.flexera.com or using your new SSO option.
- Explore the new navigation in the user interface and train users if needed. Additional documentation on the user interface changes will be available before the transition
- Make the switch
- Once you are prepared for your users to make the move, simply point users at the new URL (app.flexera.com) or the new SSO option.
What actions will I need to take related to the new Identity and Access Management and User Interface?
- Customers who leverage single sign -on (SSO) for FlexNet Manager Cloud must connect their Identity Provider to the new IAM service. You will be able to set up this connection through the IAM user interface once the window opens for the transition. You only need to set up your Identity provider once which covers both your Production and UAT environments.
- You can then test the new IAM system in parallel while using the same underlying user data. Once you are ready to make the move, simply direct your users to the SSO option linked to the new IAM. You must complete the move by the date listed above, at which time the old FlexNet Manager Cloud URL will be redirected.
- Customers who leverage username and password can also choose when to transition to the new IAM service during the specified window. We will automatically load all usernames and passwords to the new IAM service when your tenant s enabled. You can use the new URL (app.flexera.com) to test in parallel, and then simply direct all your users to the new URL when you are ready. You must complete the move by the date listed above, at which time the old FlexNet Manager Cloud URL will be redirected.
- If you have made changes to users or passwords during this window, you can request a re-sync of user IDs and passwords by submitting a support ticket. Please allow 5 business days for this update.
- Customers who safelist (previously known as whitelist) outbound internet traffic should have already updated their “safelist” to include the new domains needed during the transition to AWS.
- You can request the list of domains and IP addresses to be allowed by sending a request to Flexnet-Safelist@flexera.com. In some cases, we are now shifting to dynamic IP addresses, which requires you to safelist by domain.
- You will need to maintain existing safelisting until the cutover is complete.
How do I prepare for the user interface changes?
- We recommend that you familiarize with the UI environment, prior to completion of your transition. The menu for FlexNet Manager will move to the left side of the screen and some menu options will change.
- Documentation will be available when the transition window opens.
How do I prepare for the new URL?
- After transition to the new IAM service, all customers will access FlexNet Manager Cloud using app.flexera.com and will no longer have customer specific URL (i.e. customer_name.flexera.com).
How do I get answers to additional questions?
- Please contact your Customer Success Manager or technical support.
Do I need to update my FlexNet Manager Beacon or agents?
- No beacon or agent updates are required, and no beacon configuration changes are required.