This article will provide with a general instruction how to find out when machine inventory ndi file was resolved but generated a BadLog folder. This could happens across all version of FlexNet manager platform inventory resolving activity.
Sometimes, while machine inventory is resolved, it will failure and a "BadLog" folder will be generated such as c:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming\Inventories\BadLogs.
In that situation:
1. The machine inventory wasn't resolved successfully
2. Application Server didn't receive the machine information
3. The original machine inventory file will be found under C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Incoming\Inventories\BadLogs
Please Use the following steps to attempt to manually import a file that has been rejected:
1. Disable the "Import inventories" scheduled task
2. Save the file to ...\Incoming\Inventories
\Importers\bin\mgsimport.exe -t Inventories
4. Inspect the output from mgsimport.exe and see what it did with the file.
Be aware most of time, such resolve issue will run through on the 2nd try by above steps. So if it's succeeded by above steps it may not be easily to figure out why it's at failed first time.
But if it's return any meaningful information regarding the failure, please do take a screenshot and send it to Flexera support.