cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run system task manually

Hello -

Our nightly reconciliation task failed last night, so I manually ran it again and it's fine.

However, another system task also failed, and I'd like to fire it off manually, but can't figure out how/where.  Any suggestions?

ss1.png

2019-08-28 02:25:09,027 [ERROR]         System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The app domain with specified version id (850) was unloaded due to memory pressure and could not be found.
The statement has been terminated.
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at ManageSoft.Database.DatabaseCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
   at ManageSoft.Database.Impl.DatabaseLayerBaseSql.Execute(CommandType p_CommandType, String p_CommandText, DatabaseParameter[] p_Parameters)
   at ManageSoft.Database.SQLRetryLogic.Execute(Action p_Action, IDatabaseLayer p_DatabaseLayer)
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Procedures.ManageSoft.InstallHelperBase.SaveUpdatedCountsToDatabase(ICollection`1 licenseIDsToIgnore)
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Procedures.ManageSoft.InstallHelperBase.ProcessInstalls(IEnumerable`1 simulationTypeIDs)
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Procedures.ManageSoft.LicenseReconcile.RunInstallBasedReconcile()
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Procedures.ManageSoft.LicenseReconcile.PerformLicenseReconcile(Int32 p_LicenseMeasurementID, Boolean p_isPartial)
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Procedures.ManageSoft.LicenseReconcile.ReconcileLicenses(Nullable`1 p_OverrideLicenseMeasurementID, String PublisherFilter)
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Procedures.ManageSoft.LicenseReconcile.ReconcileLicenses(String PublisherFilter)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Logic.XML.ProcedureItem.ExecuteAssembly()
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Logic.XML.Writer.Execute(IExecutionContext context)
   at ManageSoft.Compliance.Importer.Logic.ComplianceImporter.ExecuteWriters(ComplianceReader p_ComplianceReader, IExecutionContext context, String singleConnectionIdentifier)

Thanks again!
~Jeff

(2) Solutions
tbesse
By
Flexera Alumni

Hi Jeff,

It seems the Reconcile task has failed for some reason (I didn't check the logs). You can trigger a reconcile from the License Compliance menu, there's a button for this bottom right (if you have admin privileges). 

If you have an on-premise version of FlexNet Manager, you can trigger tasks from the Windows task Scheduler, FlexNet Manager section.

Best regards
Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)

View solution in original post

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Jeff,

If you want to run specific parts of the import process only, you might want to check the options "BatchProcessTaskConsole.exe" offers. Just run the executable from the console to get a list of options. The System Reference also has an abtract "Batch Scheduler Command Line" with details.

Best regards,

Markward

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
tbesse
By
Flexera Alumni

Hi Jeff,

It seems the Reconcile task has failed for some reason (I didn't check the logs). You can trigger a reconcile from the License Compliance menu, there's a button for this bottom right (if you have admin privileges). 

If you have an on-premise version of FlexNet Manager, you can trigger tasks from the Windows task Scheduler, FlexNet Manager section.

Best regards
Thorsten

Senior Solution Architect in the SE team
(Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera)
mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi Jeff,

If you want to run specific parts of the import process only, you might want to check the options "BatchProcessTaskConsole.exe" offers. Just run the executable from the console to get a list of options. The System Reference also has an abtract "Batch Scheduler Command Line" with details.

Best regards,

Markward