cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flxfsscan.log and flxoracleinv.log

Good day

We have seen 2 new log files on Unix based systems. We would like to understand what these log files would show after installing the Agent and why are they there.

flxfsscan.log and flxoracleinv.log

(1) Solution
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

These log files are related to child processes that the ndtrack inventory gathering process executes:

• flxfsscan.log is related to a process that scans the filesystem for details about files
  • flxoracleinv.log is related to a process that gathers data from Oracle Databases

You can find a list of child processes like these that are executed on the following page: Agent Third-Party Deployment: Configuring the Operation Mode on UNIX.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

These log files are related to child processes that the ndtrack inventory gathering process executes:

• flxfsscan.log is related to a process that scans the filesystem for details about files
  • flxoracleinv.log is related to a process that gathers data from Oracle Databases

You can find a list of child processes like these that are executed on the following page: Agent Third-Party Deployment: Configuring the Operation Mode on UNIX.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
Top Kudoed Authors