cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows FlexNet inventory agent policy download

When a Windows FlexNet inventory agent is installed how often will it attempt to download policy before it stops trying?

How many days will it actively make the attempt?

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

The normal schedule for an operational agent (using current versions of FlexNet Manager Suite) is to attempt to update policy twice a day: once at a randomly chosen time between 12:05am and 1:05am, and once between 12:05pm and 1:05pm.

If the agent does not have a normal operational schedule installed (for example, because it has not yet successfully applied policy at least once), a default schedule is used. I don't recall the exact details of when policy update attempts are made with the default schedule, but think it may be done once a day at a random time and/or after a reboot - and the details may depend on whether you're running on a Windows OS or UNIX-like OS. If anybody else knows these default schedule details with more certainty please post here!

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)