cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does usage mean in the consumption tab?

Could I please get a detailed explanation of what usage means in the Consumption tab?

If USED says Yes, what does that mean exactly?

(3) Replies

It means that the application was launched at least 1 time within the last 90 days on the listed Inventory Device.  If you go into the Column Chooser, there is a "Last Used Date" field that you can add to the Consumption tab view.

You can go into the Details of the application associated with this License, and on the Usage tab you can set different rules.  For example, you can change the Yes/No rule to define usage as at least 1 launch in the last 180 days (6 months) instead of the default of 90 days.

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

Hi,

Please also be sure to understand what "Used" = "no" can mean. In addition to the installation not falling into the set up usage definition, it can also mean that no usage data was collected at all.

Also tehre are currently limitations to what usage information the agent may collect: https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/Usage-tracking-from-Flexera-Agent/m-p/135814/highlight/true#M5293

Best regards,

Markward

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
In the special case of the license (or application) being for an Oracle Database option, seeing USED as "Yes" indicates that some data has been found in the database indicating that the option has been used at some point in the past. The specific data checked to identify usage of each option depends on the option in question.
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)