cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision online for 365 Identified without evidences

Hi All,

We have noticed that the Visio online for 365 Application has been showing as installed on several devices eventhought it is not installed and Evidence tab also do not have evidences discovered, However it is still showing in installed application and Evidence Capability as "Installation".

However i have noticed that the accessmode is showing as "office 365". Is that mean if an user has eligible license to use the Visio online application and if he has access to more than 1 devices then all those devices will show as application installed even though if it is not installed? Please correct f in any place I have not made myself clear enough.

Thank you in Advance!

Regards
Sasi

(1) Solution

This is correct.  When utilizing SaaS Manager or other integration with M365, the information for remote access is brought into IT Asset\FNMS so that you can see the full picture, including that they have access to Visio and may not have it physically installed. This is important where you may have different subscription levels that may (or may not) include an installed application. If it were also installed, you would see the access mode as "Local, Office 365". For Visio, I don't believe there is a difference, but for Office as a whole you have different subscriptions for Online Only access at a less expensive price point than if the assigned user also install the applications locally.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

This is correct.  When utilizing SaaS Manager or other integration with M365, the information for remote access is brought into IT Asset\FNMS so that you can see the full picture, including that they have access to Visio and may not have it physically installed. This is important where you may have different subscription levels that may (or may not) include an installed application. If it were also installed, you would see the access mode as "Local, Office 365". For Visio, I don't believe there is a difference, but for Office as a whole you have different subscriptions for Online Only access at a less expensive price point than if the assigned user also install the applications locally.