cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User installed applications inventory through SCCM integration.

Hi,

as it stated in this article (https://www.scottjfairchild.com/blog/17/how-to-inventory-microsoft-teams-zoom-and-other-user-based-applications) ,  "Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (SCCM/MECM) does not inventory user applications because the registry entries are stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER, not HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE". Does Flexera have any recommendations how to overcome this issue for environments where client device inventory is gathered through SCCM integration?

Thanks, Marius

(5) Replies

@marius - I found this related thread on the Community on the same topic, which states that the Flexera Agent has the same restriction.

However, it may be possible that SCCM is picking up the ZOOM.EXE file.  Do you see unrecognized File Evidences for the ZOOM.EXE executable?

Hi,

I understand that it might be possible to get some workarounds with file evidences. However, this one is helpful only when you know what you are looking for.

I was more checking on community best practices for drilling into “unknown” world. As such inventory-gathering gap introduce risk of missing some important installations.

By the way, @kclausen, you have mentioned some related thread, can you send the link to it?

Thanks

Sorry, here is the link to the related community thread on how to identify if Zoom is installed.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Forum/Zoom-application-is-not-being-recognized/td-p/143233

It's indeed a common challenge with SCCM/MECM regarding user-based applications. While Flexera might have some insights, I've found that tackling this issue often involves a combination of approaches rather than a one-size-fits-all solution. One workaround I've seen is leveraging PowerShell scripts to extract user-specific application information and then feeding that data into SCCM.

It's a bit of a manual process, but it can be effective for certain environments. Regarding deploying operating systems through sccm task sequence, I've personally found them to be a lifesaver. SCCM task sequences offer a level of flexibility and automation that simplifies the deployment process immensely.