cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Oracle Processor License Purchased to Consumption

Hi Dear Community,

I have an Oracle processor license which has a purchased entitlements shown as 4. However, the consumption count shows as 556 and the license status is 'At Risk'.

The business team claims that the count of the consumption is very high and can we verify if the counts are accurate on FNMS?

I would want some assistance in going about handling the scenario here.

How can we validate the Purchased qty v/s Consumption values

Thank you

Cloaky

(1) Solution

On the Consumption tab of your Oracle Processor license, you will see a virtual machine with an Oracle database and its ESX Host, and the VMware Cluster that this host belongs to.  

You will also see under this same Cluster, EVERY ESX Host under that cluster and each host will be consuming Oracle Processor points.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Are any of your Oracle products installed on a virtual machine managed by VMware?  If yes, then by Oracle Rules, you must license the full physical capacity of the Cluster that the virtual machine is in.

@kclausen  Thank you for your response! 

I do know that some of the devices on the consumption tab are VMs . My follow up question would be - How will I be able to assist my business team in validating if the entire physical cluster capacity is licensed or not?

Regards

Cloaky

On the Consumption tab of your Oracle Processor license, you will see a virtual machine with an Oracle database and its ESX Host, and the VMware Cluster that this host belongs to.  

You will also see under this same Cluster, EVERY ESX Host under that cluster and each host will be consuming Oracle Processor points.