chirag_sharma2
Frequent contributor

Troubleshooting Flexera agent is a time consuming process

I have multiple servers and workstations where Agent stopped working due to some issue. Now everytime it is not possible to have logs available from each machine. Is there a way to troubleshoot agents easily?

11 Replies
BradAkers
Flexera
Flexera

Re: Troubleshooting Flexera agent is a time consuming process

As of today the only way to troubleshoot an agent is to log in to each machine. I know there has been some discussion about getting agent logs to a centralized location on the app server or beacon but today that isn't the case. 

0 Kudos
mfranz
Shining star

Hi, To be honest, this is part of why I usually try to avoid the FNMS agent and rely on managed sources like SCCM, BMC, Universal Discovery, etc. For a solution-oriented answer: I am not aware of an ootb solution here. I could imagine a custom scripted solution collecting agent logs in a central share and search them for keywords. Or use existing event/log/monitoring systems to check agent log files regularly. Best regards, Markward
Softline Group is Europe's leading independent expert in Software Asset Management.
chirag_sharma2
Frequent contributor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!
There is an an out of date inventory page , why can't you provide the logs from those devices on the same page.

As you said that there is no solution as of now so it becomes a roadblock for us to troubleshoot workstations beacuse Flexera logs are always available in C drive and in our environment Avecto is blocking every user to access the same. Moreover, We don't want to disturb a user to send logs to us.

0 Kudos
chirag_sharma2
Frequent contributor

I Agree but why Flexera is not a making it simple . If Flexera can grab inventory why not logs or atleast send it over to beacons?
0 Kudos