cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Guys,

Do you know if agent collect SWID Tags from Softwares? I Would like to get this SWID from each software we dont have a populated field with this data in FlexNet...

Do you know if can i get it on DB or upload SWID Tags to FlexNet?

(1) Solution

Software ID tag files on Windows computers are commonly stored under the follow directories:

• %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\ on Windows 2000, XP and Server 2003
  • %Program Data%\ for Windows Vista and later and Windows Server 2008 and later

See the "Where Are Software Identification Tags Stored?" question at Frequently Asked Questions about SWIDs for some further insights.

If tag information is being gathered then you will the tags appearing as installer evidence in the FlexNet Manager Suite web UI. See non-0 "matches" counts on software ID tag installer evidence rules indicate that you have some data.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion

Hi

Yes FNMS agent collect SWID information, if you allow it to scan your directories containing the swidtag files.

You can add evidences on your applications if they do not have the "Software ID Tag" already.

Hi @mag00_75 

Yes! I allowed Program Files x64 and x86, i think its sufficient to collect SWID Tags... or not?

If agent is collecting SWID Information, where can i find? I need to parameterize something before look Evidences?  

Software ID tag files on Windows computers are commonly stored under the follow directories:

• %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\ on Windows 2000, XP and Server 2003
  • %Program Data%\ for Windows Vista and later and Windows Server 2008 and later

See the "Where Are Software Identification Tags Stored?" question at Frequently Asked Questions about SWIDs for some further insights.

If tag information is being gathered then you will the tags appearing as installer evidence in the FlexNet Manager Suite web UI. See non-0 "matches" counts on software ID tag installer evidence rules indicate that you have some data.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)