cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCCM record and FlexNet agent record not merging

We are running into an issue where dozens of our machines have duplicates in FNMS due to one record coming from our SCCM connection and the other coming from the FlexNet agent. As far as I'm aware, with Windows based machines the only fields used for matching/merging are Serial Number and Computer Name and both of those match in these duplicate situations, so we're not sure why they aren't merging. One thing that might help explain it is that most (if not all?) of these duplicates have a junk serial number that is applied to a lot of machines in our environment due to a lack of data, although most of the machines with the same serial number do successfully merge. Anyone have any ideas? 

(7) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

A good page to check for understanding matching behaviors is to look at the "Inventory Device Matching" page in the UI. This will show details of the raw computer records imported from the various inventory sources you have, along with some information about if/how they have been matched to inventory device records. Looking at the data there may give some insight into what is going on with your particular data.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I've never actually used the Inventory Device Matching page for some reason, forgot it was there. So that's really helpful, thanks! We still haven't been able to figure out why it's not merging though. The only thing I can think of is maybe there is a limit on merging records with the same serial number? Because we do have quite a few with that junk serial number and most are merging with their SCCM record. 

@ChrisG, is the page you reference only available after a certain release?  I don't see such a page in the UI of 2019 R1.

Thanks,

David

NTT DATA Services

The Inventory Device Matching view was added in the 2020 R2 release. See this page describing the change in that release: https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2020R2/EN/Features/index.html#FeatureList/2020R2/RN-new-DeviceMatching.html

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Bummer.  Thanks for letting me know.  We, too, are experiencing duplicates but won't have the view discussed on this thread to assist with our troubleshooting.

Best, David

@ChrisG  - when sorting the "Inventory Device Matching" view by "Inventory Source" we see an Inventory source called TDS - even though there is no such inventory source connection defined (at least by us), or visible in the "Inventory Data Imports" view.

I'm guessing this relates to Flexera One/Technopedia integration (maybe TDS stands for Technopedia Data Services)?   

Hi,

we have the same experience at one of our customers Flexera One environment. Would be good to have a short insight in TDS as inventory source and if it is related to Technopedia, as Murray mentioned!

thanks a lot!

BR, Thomas