sanbeam
Active participant

Roles in FNMS

Dear Community,

I have been working on customizing the roles in my UAT instance. I made some changes to the default "Operator" role and reverted them. All the changes were reflected as expected. The issue was when I brought it back to default.

Default being: "Configure operators of FlexNet Manager Platform" and "Troubleshooting: advanced access and log downloads" set to "Disallow" in Administration. "Change operator roles" set to "Disallow" in "Roles" and everything else had Full access.

Before making changes:

I was able to see the "Accounts" option and the "FlexNet Manager Suite License" with the "Operator" role under the gear icon on the right top corner.

After bringing it back to what it was:

I don't see the above options.

I can't seem to figure out which one of my changes caused this. I know they are visible if I allow the role to Configure operators of FlexNet Manager Platform, but that's not how it was before and I was still able to view them. Is there anything else that might be causing this?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
kclausen
Flexera
Flexera

Re: Roles in FNMS

Best Practice is to leave the out-of-the-box Roles that come with the product as they are and do not modify them.

If you need something different, you can create your own Roles that are customized to your business requirements.

0 Kudos
sanbeam
Active participant

Sure, @kclausen 
While customizing a role, is there a way to have the manual reconciliation disabled for a role?

0 Kudos
sjackson
Flexera
Flexera

Hi @sanbeam 

You can disabled the option to be able to perform business imports or manually start reconciles by changing the permissions on the 'Data inputs: business and inventory imports' section when configuring a custom role, please see the screenshot below.

Roles.PNG

Any questions please let me know.

sanbeam
Active participant

Thank you, @sjackson. Is there a document or an article that I can refer to that talks about the access levels for roles and customization?

0 Kudos