cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remedy_User_Import business adapter is not able to update the user status field

Hi Dear Community,

I have this Remedy Business importer set up on our Flexnet Manager Suite SaaS. However this import fails to update the user status field on the FNMS UI.

Require your assistance on this regard.

Thanks

Abhilash M 

(1) Solution

Exactly: in the query the adapter uses to extract the data to be imported, you need to transform the source status values that come from Remedy to one of the text values that FlexNet knows about.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(7) Replies

Hi Abhilash,

I'd suspect that Remedy happens to have a value for it's Status that doesn't match one of the valid Status values in FNMS, i.e. one of Purchased,In storage,Installed,Retired,Disposed,Other or Received.

Can you confirm the list of possible values for Status in Remedy - you might need to enhance the business adapter to handle the cases where there is no match - either by mapping the Remedy ones to an existing FNMS Status, or creating custom Status values in FNMS to allow the Remedy values to match.

-Murray

The statuses that @MurrayPeters has listed are actually asset statuses in FlexNet. Valid user status values in FlexNet are:

• Active
  • Inactive
  • Retired
  • On leave
  • Pending

You should ensure that all the status values imported by your business adapter match one of these values.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@Chris - Oh ok, then I would have to let's say - if 1 is active in Remedy, I need to cast that to a string 'Active' for FNMS cloud to pick it up accordingly?

Here I have attached the Remedy status values for users in our Org

And the custom adapter Query as well.

Query:

----------

select
p.Remedy_Login_ID
,p.Alternate_ID
,p.Profile_Status
,p.Last_Name
,p.First_Name
,p.Full_Name
,p.JobTitle
,coalesce(p.Internet_E_mail,p.Corporate_E_Mail) as Email
,p.Corporate_ID
,p.Site_ID
,case
when Country in ('US','United States','CA','Canada') then 'North America'
when Country in ('Vietnam','Taiwan, Province of China','Hong Kong','China','India') then 'Asia Pacific'
when Country in ('Mexico') then 'Latin America'
else null
end + '/' +
case s.Country
when 'US' then 'United States'
when 'CA' then 'Canada'
else s.country
end
+'/'+s.State_Province
+'/'+s.City
+'/'+s.site
as Location
,(o.Company+'/'+
case
when o.description is null then p.Department
else p.Department+' - '+o.Description
end)
as CorpUnit
,p.ManagerLoginID
from CTM_people p
join CTM_People_Organization o
on p.Department = o.Department
join SIT_Site s
on p.site_id = s.Site_ID

----------

Thanks 

Abhilash M

Exactly: in the query the adapter uses to extract the data to be imported, you need to transform the source status values that come from Remedy to one of the text values that FlexNet knows about.

Hi Chris, 

I did do the modifications on the adapter query using a single user as a use-case for testing, it really worked like a gem! Now I running the adapter for the bulk update and also got completed and I see changes 🙂

Thank you soo much!

Thank you all for assisting me on this. Appreciate it a lot!

Also can you please let me know how I may go about removing an integration on the  business importer tab on the front end of Flexera application, I have removed it from the Flexnet beacon application on the beacon server.

Attachment shared

Thank you

Abhilash M

Hi Chris,

The adapter is now able to distinguish between active and inactive users. But there seems to be too many duplicate records now, merged with the already existing accounts.

Can you help me out ? I am requiring to remove any duplicate records in the application using the adapter as the source.

Thank you

Abhilash M

Is there a way for me to purge the data for all the users in UAT(delete all of them in one go) and re instantiate the adapter to execute so that accounts can be created without any duplicates?

Please advise.