cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding agent deployment in bulk

Hi All,

New to this product so need some insights into bulk push of agents from beacons..

If there are like 1000 desktops for which inventory needs to be collected, then does Flexera provide a mechanism to push remotely OR it has to be done via a third party tool like SCCM etc..  AND

what if customer doenst have any bulk push tools...

(4) Replies

Yes, You can use below tool for bulk rollout of agent.

SCCM

BIGfix

GPO

Please refer enclosed doc & read page no 52 for third party deploeyment.

mfranz
By Level 17 Champion
Level 17 Champion

If no deployment tool is available, maybe some smart logon scripts could do the trick.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You can configure "targets" and "rules" to attempt to remotely install agents on computers. If you are needing to administer a FlexNet Manager Suite system and looking to use this functionality, I would recommend completing a FlexNet Manager Suite administration training class which will go over the range of considerations and techniques for using it.

With that said, the capabilities that are built in to FlexNet Manager Suite (and Flexera One ITAM) for installing agents in this way aren't comparable to tooling which is specifically designed to deploy software in terms of ease of use or robustness for use in production environments. It is generally best to install the FlexNet agents using whatever mechanism an organization normally uses for installing software - don't make an exception or do a special process for the agent software compared to what is done for other software.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

I am looking to explore this option, can you share the documentation.