cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Java Platform 8 Standard ARL File evidence

I found that there is a lot of evidence imported from the ARL for Oracle Java Platform 8 Standard. Some of them appear to not be the licensed version of JAVA (not Java Platform 8.0.%) I am mainly interested in 8.0.0.132. Here are some examples: 

Name

Version

Product version

Product name

Path

Company

Recognition rule

Matches

Added evidence

Ignored

Assigned

java.exe

Java(TM) Platform SE

Oracle%

At least one

No

No

Yes

javadoc.exe

Java(TM) Platform SE

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0\bin\

Oracle%

At least one

No

No

Yes

java.exe

Java(TM) Platform SE

S:\groups\Billing_Mig_Center\99 Sonstiges\software\progdata\javapath_target_84427\

Oracle%

At least one

No

No

Yes

javaw.exe

8.0.%.61

Java(TM) Platform SE

D:\app\client\product\12.2.0\client_2\jdk\jre\bin\

Oracle%

At least one

No

No

Yes

javaw.exe

8.0.%.132

Java(TM) Platform SE

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0\jre\bin\

Oracle%

At least one

No

No

Yes

java.exe

Java(TM) Platform SE

S:\groups\Billing_Mig_Center\99 Sonstiges\software\progdata\javapath_target_84427\

Oracle%

At least one

No

No

Yes

I cannot remove this file evidence as it is hard coded in Flexnet. why is this evidence included in Oracle Java Platform 8 Standard? Also, I saw the blog post below about Java. Are these issues related and will I see some of these installer and evidence file be removed in the next ARL release? 

wmahmood posted a new article in FlexNet Manager Content Blog on Aug 10, 2021 10:58 AM:

Reduction of file evidence for Java Commercial application to increase consistency

Thanks!

(2) Replies
shuduguru
By Level 7 Flexeran
Level 7 Flexeran

Hi @JieHou ,

Regarding the version, 8.0.0.132, we agree that it cannot be license as this Java version is strange and doesn't have any update version. We are going to make necessary change in ARL. 

Regarding Java.exe - 8.0.1520.31 looks correct. The BPR version is >30 and hence its classified as commercial. 

As per the community blog https://community.flexera.com/t5/FlexNet-Manager-Content-Blog/Reduction-of-file-evidence-for-Java-Commercial-application-to/ba-p/202956,  Java Platform file evidence will be restricted to java.exe on Windows, and all other file evidence will be removed (Example Javadoc.exe, Javaw.exe  etc.)

All the above changes are expected to be part of 27th August 2021 ARL release. 

Hope this helps, 

Srivatsa HS

Hello, there are a lot of Flexera File evidence which are wrongly assigned to restricted application instead of public one. We hope that next ARL (27th August) will correct that. 

But you can also just ignore all these evidences, while you can not delete them.

And if you want, you can create new local one with correct assignment.