cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Exadata Storage Server License Consumption but no File Evidence??

We are finding many installs of Oracle Exadata Storage Server (~89) in Flexnet inventory that we have not seen before. They are all tied to v11.2. When I search the file evidence, I am not able to find any evidence for Oracle Exadata Storage or an assigned application. The only v11.2 application evidence is for Oracle Warehouse Builder 11g R2 and they are in a directory - /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0.3/dbhome. Nothing shows that this is a real install of Oracle Exadata Storage Server.

Has anyone seen this issue with Oracle Exadata Storage Server 11.2 finding false positives because of the ARL or an OUI evidence type?

We started seeing this on 1/14/2022. We had an ARL update 1/14/2022.

See attached for screen shots.

(1) Solution

Hello. Same things for me. OUI evidence are doubful and FLexera will soon ignore all. Open a case. If you can not wait, ignore wrong Flexera evidence linked with Exadata application  ("any" in type includes "OUI")  and build a local evidence for what you need (without "OUI" type).

Regards.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

Hello. Same things for me. OUI evidence are doubful and FLexera will soon ignore all. Open a case. If you can not wait, ignore wrong Flexera evidence linked with Exadata application  ("any" in type includes "OUI")  and build a local evidence for what you need (without "OUI" type).

Regards.

On a related note, take a look at the following article which discusses aspects of how FlexNet Manager Suite uses OUI evidence: Information about Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) evidence gathered by the FlexNet inventory agent.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)