cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL Enterprise Edition Binary installation not getting detect by flexera

Team,

In my environment, Unix team is using below application as binary installation, We have tried to do file scan however its not getting recognize by ARL.

Is there any other option to detect this application in server. 

MySQL Enterprise Edition

(1) Solution

If there isn't any Installer Evidence available, you will have to do some research to get this installation recognized.  When I look at the ARL Entries for MySQL Enterprise, there is no File Evidence linked to the application for recognition - only Installer Evidence.

You will need to look at the Evidence tab of that server under File Evidence to find a binary file that you can manually link to the ARL entry for recognition.  Try filtering the data on a 'contains' such as "sql" or "my".  To narrow down the search, you could work with your UNIX Admin or your MySQL DBA and get them to tell you the Install Path.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

If there isn't any Installer Evidence available, you will have to do some research to get this installation recognized.  When I look at the ARL Entries for MySQL Enterprise, there is no File Evidence linked to the application for recognition - only Installer Evidence.

You will need to look at the Evidence tab of that server under File Evidence to find a binary file that you can manually link to the ARL entry for recognition.  Try filtering the data on a 'contains' such as "sql" or "my".  To narrow down the search, you could work with your UNIX Admin or your MySQL DBA and get them to tell you the Install Path.

I have checked with DBA & as per them /mysql_master or /mysql_slave are directory. 

Can you suggest if we want to use wild character to ensure every this is getting capture. 

What are you settings on the Inventory Settings page where you can specify if the agent is to capture File Evidence and what folders to include or exclude?  In the attached screenshot, the settings will scan all folders on Linux, starting at the "/" root.