cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log4j File evidence not displaying

I only see log4j application evidence under installations and not under file. even though I know there is a file placed in the folder it's not picked by FNMS. is there any other way I can extract a report?

Note: I have validated my selection Under discovery & inventory settings  and I have chosen the option "collect file evidence for all folders" and we are using FNMS 2021 R1 on-prem

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

FlexNet Manager Suite will normally only import details about executable files and files with particular extensions to be used for recognizing installed executable applications. Details of .jar files are not imported, which will explain why you don't see anything about them in the UI.

With that said, there is an interesting discussion going on in the following thread with some ideas about how .jar file details may be gathered and reported on by directly querying data from the inventory database: Log4j vulnerability - info on how to scan and question about how to determine version on results. This may be an approach that can be done by folk who are comfortable working at a technical low level in the system.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Check out the following post which may help with some further ideas: Finding installations of Apache Log4j (or other) files on computers with FlexNet Manager Suite.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@ChrisG  I'm not getting enough response from the support case. Is it possible to have a call with you on my queries that I have posted under this subject "Finding installations of Apache Log4j (or other) files on computers with FlexNet Manager Suite"