cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last Used date

Am I able to customize a view or report to determine last used date of a file?

Our issue is with SnagIT.  The application configuration was built to include the auto-launch of the SnagIT toolbar at startup.

We're thinking that this is skewing our  "Last Used Date" for the application.

We're looking to run a report to determine the frequency of use for  snagiteditor.exe.  This would provide a better view of how often SnagIT is actually used.

thank you.

(1) Solution

@epaul020 

You're not describing which inventory/usage source you're utilizing but if you're using the FlexNet agent you can try to investigate which SnagIT executables are launched using the Raw Software Usage option, and it may be easiest focusing on a given desktop/laptop you're controlling why testing and verifying it.

I think that you can control which SnagIT options get launched with the toolbar, e.g. you may want to check the xml files that control this, and you may want to check the TechSmith community.

In the end you will then have to fine tune the files listed under the SnagIT version in Flexera's recognition library to be able to report on actual "actual" SnagIT usage (but be aware that TechSmith may consider it running as soon as the toolbar is activated anyway):

Capture.PNG

And as always, when it comes to usage I would always recommend to use Chris' excellent blog on Application usage metering using the FlexNet inventory agent (provided that you are using the FlexNet inventory agent).

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

@epaul020 

You're not describing which inventory/usage source you're utilizing but if you're using the FlexNet agent you can try to investigate which SnagIT executables are launched using the Raw Software Usage option, and it may be easiest focusing on a given desktop/laptop you're controlling why testing and verifying it.

I think that you can control which SnagIT options get launched with the toolbar, e.g. you may want to check the xml files that control this, and you may want to check the TechSmith community.

In the end you will then have to fine tune the files listed under the SnagIT version in Flexera's recognition library to be able to report on actual "actual" SnagIT usage (but be aware that TechSmith may consider it running as soon as the toolbar is activated anyway):

Capture.PNG

And as always, when it comes to usage I would always recommend to use Chris' excellent blog on Application usage metering using the FlexNet inventory agent (provided that you are using the FlexNet inventory agent).

Thanks,