heiko_fuchs2
Occasional contributor

Installing Inventory Beacon with IIS but Default Web Site (with ID=1) couldn't use for it

Hi, I would install a new Inventory Beacon on a server wich contains IIS but the IIS Default Web Site with ID=1 is blocked with same other application and couldn't  use for IB URL.

How could I change during the setup that beacon installation or later configuration of beacon with IIS + SSL use the next IIS Web Site with ID=2 ?

3 Replies
kclausen
Flexera
Flexera

Re: Installing Inventory Beacon with IIS but Default Web Site (with ID=1) couldn't use for it

The Inventory Beacon should be installed on a dedicate server.  It uses the Default Web Site within IIS, and in your case this is already used by another application.  Therefore, you must find another server to install a new inventory beacon onto.

0 Kudos
mfranz
Shining star

Re: Installing Inventory Beacon with IIS but Default Web Site (with ID=1) couldn't use for it

Hi Heiko,

I've seen this happening years ago, also the installations scripts did not work with https only, at least back then. I guess the ID is hardcoded.

Have you thought about changing the ID for your existing website, at least until the Beacon is installed?

2021-04-16_14h38_40.png

Best regards,

Markward

Softline Group is Europe's leading independent expert in Software Asset Management.
0 Kudos
heiko_fuchs2
Occasional contributor

THX for your support 🙂