cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rclark0
Active participant

Inactive Accounts in All Users

It was my understanding that an account will drop out of Flenxet all users, if it was deleted from AD. We have seen this work for some accounts but not others. Is there a document that lays out the process of when/how an account is removed or is this something that has to be done manually?

Thank you.

1 Reply
mfranz
Analyst

Re: Inactive Accounts in All Users

Hi,

As far as I know, there is no extensive description of this process. Here is how I understand it. Like with inventories, there are basically 2 options:

1. You can create users from external sources (Readers).
    In this process, users are imported from the source to ImportedUser first. From there, the Writer consumes the data and inserts/updates/deletes in the ComplianceUser table. You should be able to understand the mapping by looking into ComplianceUserConnection.

2. You can create user objects manually or via Business Import.
    In this case, FNMS will not delete the object. I think you can get the type of the user from the ComplianceUser table, ComplianceUserInventorySourceTypeID column.

I am not completely sure, but I guess some changes may lead to a user object changing status and therefore not being removed by FNMS. Or maybe of users are linked to other objects (contracts, etc.), FNMS does not remove them? Again, not sure, but if you run FNMS on prem, maybe looking into the mentioned tables helps a bit.

Also, if you need to remove old data more reliably, you shoud create your own process.

Best regards,

Markward