cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to one-off upload assets into FNMS

Hi all,

I have a customer who is looking at utilizing FNMS for their asset management; does anybody know if it is possible to perform one-off uploads of assets via WebUI?

We have tested one using a XLSX with headers taken from the asset.csv template found in the folder C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Beacon\ExampleCSV, eliminating some of the headers that do not have values/are not needed.  Tried uploading it through the Inventory Data page but it shot out a "Malformed spreadsheet file detected: Excel is missing sheet Computer."

The one-off uploads would only be until we can get a custom business adapter created to meet their need.

Thanks,

Shawn

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately there is no out-of-the-box web UI in FlexNet Manager Suite for uploading hardware asset data. This would be a good idea to add under the Product > Ideas area of Community. Also see the following idea which is somewhat related: FNMS-I-113 Build an improved user-level Hardware bulk import/update routine

I have heard of some FlexNet Manager Suite service providers who have developed custom web UIs for uploading asset (and other data) for their customers. Feel free to send me a private message if you would like an introduction to talk to anybody about this further.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

@sdbash 

Please find attached a zip file containing a business adapter and an Excel file with some hardware asset PO data that you can use as an outset for creating another business adapter according to your needs. (There's a Business Adapter Practice Guide if you haven't worked with business adapters before with other sample files are included...)

Thanks,