cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexera Manager ManageSoftRL upload

Hi,

FlexeraManager is server installed out of domain.

More or less everything is working but we are unable to upload files to managesoftRL upload directory.

I checked operating system permissions and it should be ok.

From my understanding we cannot use windows authentification for iis ManageSoftRL because server is not in domain. Anonymous authentification is not working.

Wed 28 Feb 2024 04:28:38 PM CET (G, 0)] {18078} Uploading file 'server at 20240228T095042_{0B9B2547-9949-4CCA-87D4-3D312619DF92}.log' to 'http://flexeramanager/ManageSoftRL/Logs/'
[Wed 28 Feb 2024 04:28:38 PM CET (N, 0)] {18078} Error 0xE05001F4: 500 Internal Server Error
[Wed 28 Feb 2024 04:28:38 PM CET (N, 0)] {18078} Error 0xE0500452: Failed to write remote file /ManageSoftRL/Logs/neocvm00 at 20240228T095042_{0B9B2547-9949-4CCA-87D4-3D312619DF92}.log
[Wed 28 Feb 2024 04:28:38 PM CET (N, 0)] {18078} Error 0xE069009A: Error transferring data (Network error?)
[Wed 28 Feb 2024 04:28:38 PM CET (G, 0)] {18078} ERROR: Local PUT failed
[Wed 28 Feb 2024 04:28:38 PM CET (G, 0)] {18078} Upload failed due to a server side issue. This server may be retried during this upload session.

From other post information is if we use different domain for servers we should use asp.net impersonation. I tried that with user i am sure has proper rights but i still have error uploading data.

Do you have idea how to move forward?

Kind regards

(1) Solution

Thanks everyone,

We finally found solution. Webdav publishing was deinstalled from server and uploading is working as anonymous user. It was disabled but didnt work as expected until removing role from server. We can close this ticket.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Some places to look on the flexeramanager beacon server for information that may help to identify the cause of the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error are:

• Recent beacon log files under C:\ProgramData\Flexera Software\Compliance\Logging in the following subdirectories: InventoryBeaconsWebResolversBeaconIIS
  • Windows Application event log
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you,

Current analysis.

Anonymous authentication is not working for upload due to limitations on webdav on PUT command. Browsing is working but upload is not working.

WIndows authentification is not working because server is out of domain and not sure how to configure windows authentification on linux.

AS.NET impersination is not working.

Basic authentification is not working no login.aspx

Do you have any idea how to repair that. Installing beacon on separate server is also option.

Kind regards

WebDAV is supposed to be deactivated.  It isn't clear from your writings whether this is the case.

Installing an Inventory Beacon on the FNMS server is not a best practice and, from what I have seen, usually leads to issues.  

FNMS can run on a server that isn't part of a domain.  Have a look at this technote.  Please note that, according to the technote, normally "in a production environment, both the processing server (or application server, in a single server implementation) and the inventory beacon(s) are expected to be members of an Active Directory domain. They may be different domains, and membership is required for different reasons:

• Inventory beacons can access Active Directory to upload information about sites, subnets, users and computers to the central operations database
  • The processing server may access Active Directory to find a default domain name when processing inventory directly collected from inventory devices."

Hope that helps ...

--Mark

Thanks everyone,

We finally found solution. Webdav publishing was deinstalled from server and uploading is working as anonymous user. It was disabled but didnt work as expected until removing role from server. We can close this ticket.