cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet upgrade from 2019 R2 to FlexNet Manager Suite 2021 R1 issue with SQL server 2017 certificate

I wanted to post this to help anyone else who might run into this issue. 

I have a customer that I've been working with upgrading their DEV and PROD environment from FNMS upgrade from 2019 R2 to 2021 R1 with SQL server 2017. When installing the SQL server certificate for FNMS, we kept getting the following error: 

Msg 15208, Level 16, State 19, Line 2 The certificate, asymmetric key, or private key file is not valid or does not exist; or you do not have permissions for it.... SQLCertError.jpg

The cert file was on the SQL server and we tried the service account and even tried to have the database admin run the update and it still got the same error. 

After filing a case and getting on a call with Flexera support, we finally resolved it. We changed the location of the cert file to the c:/temp drive on the SQL server server and finally got it to work successfully. 

Thanks,
Kim

(1) Reply
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing Kim!

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)