- Flexera Community
- FlexNet Manager
- FlexNet Manager Forum
- Re: FlexNet Manager for Oracle Question
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark Topic as New
- Mark Topic as Read
- Float this Topic for Current User
- Printer Friendly Page
FlexNet Manager for Oracle Question
I want to know the reason why the result from GLAS_FMW_Results was different with the information detecting Weblogic installed on Server.
The GLAS_FMW_Results show more server than the number of Web Logic detected server in the installed application.
this GLAS_FMW_Results was enabled to check Fusion Middleware setting @ Inventory tab at FNMS UI to be collected by Oracle GLAS evidence archive in the Oracle Instance Page.
Do anybody know why?
This thread has been automatically locked due to inactivity.
To continue the discussion, please start a new thread.
Is it possible that these additional servers have other Fusion Middleware Products installed on them, such as SOA or BI? If you look at the main ORCL_OVERVIEW.csv file, the servers with Middleware installed on them are called out. The Oracle Product Category column will identify those servers with a value of "Middleware". See attached example.
Where to find and howto download "ORCL_OVERVIEW.csv" ?
ORCL_OVERVIEW.csv is one of the files in the Oracle GLAS evidence archive. This archive can be downloaded from the Discovery & Inventory > Oracle instances page.
Thank you ChrisG
Thanks to Christ and Kclausen, with your help, I could collect the attachment. but I'm still wondering the situation. The server Host78 have no Weblogic evidence in the list of installed application on FNMS WebUI but there is evidence as GLAS_FMW_Result file. Can you please review the attachment and advise? If I want to uninstall the software then is it possible?
WebLogic Server installations are normally recognized by the ARL based on installer evidence. For example, the following screenshot shows a selection of installer evidence rules used to recognize installations of WebLogic Server 10g R3:
If you're not seeing installations recognized on computers where you believe WebLogic Server is actually installed, some things to consider would be:
- Do you have any unrecognized installer evidence related to WebLogic? It may be that the ARL needs to be updated with additional rules to recognize the evidence you have.
- Can you see any evidence related to WebLogic in the "Evidence" tab on an inventory device in question? For example:
- On the assumption that you're using the FlexNet inventory agent to gather inventory, take a look in an .ndi file gathered from a server in question, and see whether you can find any details in that file suggesting WebLogic is installed. Also take a look in the tracker.log file generated when inventory is gathered, as it can sometimes give insight into where data has been gathered from.
Evidence of WebLogic Server installations is commonly found by the FlexNet inventory agent in Oracle Universal Installer files on computers. The following article contains information about how these files are located and used: Information about Oracle Universal Installer (OUI) evidence gathered by the FlexNet inventory agent
Hi Chris, thank you for your answer.
one more question about WebLogic evidence regarding cluster.
do Flexera detect information about WebLogic cluster is used?
I'm not familiar with WebLogic clusters, but I'm assuming in this context that a "cluster" is something related to how WebLogic is configured or operates, and is not something that would be identified based on installer evidence that inventory tools gather.
If that is right then I would not expect data that FlexNet Manager Suite gathers and imports to identify cluster details.