cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexNet Inventory Agent Scanning Restrictions

Hello Flexera Team,

Do we have any option in agent configurations to restrict agent scanning on specific directories due to security concerns ?

OS in this scenario = AIX

Thanks, Awadh

(2) Replies

As i'm aware, there is no setting that we can set for each OS/Device. We can Include/Exclude based on the global Setting under Discovery & Inventory > Settings page.

You can test on AIX platform, update Include or exclude directory in config.ini file and re-run the ndtrack command. however please note  pseudo registry will be overwritten each time that device policy is downloaded from an inventory beacon.

mag00_75
By Level 8 Champion
Level 8 Champion
Hi
I have had similair discussions in my organisation where we then started to use ndtrack.sh script instead of the full agent. Then the AIX team can fully control what gets inventoried, when the agent shall be upgraded, when it shall receive a new inventorysetting.xml
But when you then ask them to update on monthly basis they would probably agree to scan.
The OracleFMW sub-script will scan all disks and override include/rxcludes.
From a compliance point of view I usually tell the teams that we do not want restrictions to ensure we see the full picture from SAM. We do however have some exclusions for the various platforms but its set from us and not the OS teams