cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find all .mdb files

Can I use FNMS to find all .mdb(x) files across our server and desktop fleet?

Or any file type for that matter.

(6) Replies
rmiller1
By Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Hi Jezr74,

We look to scan executables (windows and Unix/linux), as detailed here:

https://docs.flexera.com/flexera/EN/ITAssets/InvSet-FileInvSection.htm

Please review this doucmentation.

R.Miller
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Gathering details of files with arbitrary extensions can be done with a little effort. You would need to:

1. Configure the IncludeExtension inventory agent preference to include the extension you are interested in. This preference can be configured in the Windows registry - you would need to use configuration management tools available in your organization to manage its value.

2. Configure the IncludeDirectory inventory agent preference to cover all directories to be scanned for files. This preference can be configured through agent policy based on details specified on the Inventory Settings page in the FlexNet Manager Suite UI.

3. Directly query views in the inventory SQL database to retrieve details of files that have been gathered as part of inventory. (NB. Information about arbitrary files is not stored in the compliance SQL database, and cannot be retrieved directly through the FlexNet Manager Suite user interface - only files with selected extensions are imported into the compliance database and used as file evidence for application recognition.)
(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thanks Chris, what key name is used in the registry?

Preference values for the inventory (ndtrack) component can be configured under HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Tracker\CurrentVersion\ in the registry on Windows.

See the links in my previous comment for some additional details.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Ahh the document header is the name, sorry a bit slow today.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

As a follow-up on this thread, take a look at the following post which discusses an approach to gather details of files of interest using the FlexNet inventory agent: Finding installations of Apache Log4j (or other) files on computers with FlexNet Manager Suite.