cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNMS Sync Issue - ServiceNow Install status - Asset status

Hi All,

We have business adapter of ServiceNow. Anyone have any idea about sync issue of serviceNow and about Asset Install Status ? Concern team have updated Install status as Retired in ServiceNow but in All Asset still showing status as Installed.  For investigation i did rename of Asset name but after running business adapter of ServiceNow it's come as original asset name. Manually i had updated install status as Retired but after running servicenow adapter value automatically changed to Install state from Retired state. Kindly find snip for reference.

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Your business adapter will (or at least, should) contain some logic to map ServiceNow status values to FlexNet Manager Suite/Flexera One ITAM status values. Based on what you've described here, it sounds like the "Retired" status in ServiceNow is not getting mapped to "Retired" in FlexNet Manager Suite/Flexera One ITAM according to whatever logic you have configured.

Can you share some information about how you are doing the mapping of statuses in the business adapter?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi Chris, Thanks for your response. We have SQL Server connection with ServiceNow Asset Import and for your reference I am adding snip of Asset status. 

Does the incoming Asset_Status property contain FlexNet Manager Suite/Flexera One ITAM asset status values, or does it contain ServiceNow status values?

If this property contains ServiceNow status values you will need to do something to map and transform them to FlexNet Manager Suite/Flexera One ITAM status values. One way that this might be achieved is to use settings in the Data Transformation section. For example:

image.png

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)