cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rclark0
Active participant

FNMS Inventory Agent Deployment

Jump to solution
We deployed the Flexnet Inventory agent to 25k devices through a 3rd party push. The software push was successful but we are only seeing about 60% of the devices checking in. The push was to 11 geographical areas and all areas have some devices reporting. We are able to see on the logs that the devices failed to get its policy download but the device has failed to attempt a 2nd connection. Any ideas? Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Flexera BradAkers
Flexera

Re: FNMS Inventory Agent Deployment

Jump to solution

You can rerun the mgspolicy.exe with the -t machine flag. This will force a policy update. This will also help determine if the issue is network related. 

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Flexera kclausen
Flexera

Re: FNMS Inventory Agent Deployment

Jump to solution
Which Beacon was referenced in the bootstrap configuration file in your agent installation package? For one of these devices where the Policy Download is failing, can you perform a successful NSLOOKUP of the referenced Beacon Server?
0 Kudos
SMC_CIT_Alex
Occasional contributor

Re: FNMS Inventory Agent Deployment

Jump to solution

Hi,

Are you sure the port and url is reachable ? 

If you have certificate for theses computers try to setup the reg to disable servercertificate check.

HKLM\Software\ManageSoft Corp\ManageSoft\Common

key: CheckCertificateRevocation value: false

key: CheckServerCertificate value: False

 

You could also check your IIS log on the FNMP to see it the agent has reached it and what was the policy file requested (it must contains the servername).

 

Rgds

0 Kudos
rclark0
Active participant

Re: FNMS Inventory Agent Deployment

Jump to solution
Thank you, would it make sense that 60% of the assets are able to connect and 40% are not? Also it note, we are seeing more and more devices each day.
0 Kudos
rclark0
Active participant

Re: FNMS Inventory Agent Deployment

Jump to solution
The port and URL are reachable as 60% of the devices are checking in, its just the slow process of getting the remaining 40% in. Each day we get more assets checking in
0 Kudos